Friday, August 12, 2011

Five bucks!

Yes, I've officially made five bucks. Sort of. I haven't actually claimed it yet. One of my dilemmas is when I should cash out my points to trade in for money. I haven't had much time to analyze the points systems yet (unlike when I worked for some place where I had absolutely no work to do, and had hours upon hours to make Excel charts on point systems).

So how did I make five bucks yesterday? Swagbucks.com

Yes, I said I wasn't going to use swagbucks. I'm still undecided on how much I should invest in it. Many are huge fans. Just google it, and tons of people rave about it. I'm wondering how they make their money, and I'm guessing a huge chunk of it is based on collecting information about me.

Anyway, I made five bucks yesterday by signing on for a free trial, doing these swagbucks "tasks" (which took WAY too much of my time), and searching the internet through swagbucks. So I'm now at a total of 902 (8 SB (swagbucks) were from today).

How does that pan out in terms of actual cash? The only way to get actual cash is to claim it through paypal. (There are other ways, such as gift cards, but that's not part of my game plan.)

Here's the breakdown:
$5 = 700 SB (140SB/$1)
$10 = 1335 SB (133.5SB/$1)
$25 = 3215 SB (128.6SB/$1)
$50 = 6330 SB (126.6SB/$1)
$100 = 12,549 SB (125.5SB/$1)

Overall Verdict of Swagbucks:
Fairly Attainable Goal to redeem $5-$10
Redeemable through Paypal


In terms of the benefits of waiting for more swagbucks to claim cash, it doesn't seem like it would be worth it to wait too long. The difference in SB:$ ratio is too small, in my opinion. It would seem like a better idea to cash out early and add it to my investments.

Anyway, I won't think too hard about it. I'll probably cash out at $25, if I get there. It seems like way too much effort and time for too little reward. I might need a new plan :).


TODAY'S TOTALS:
Cash (in my hand, not potential): $0

Points, in order of potential of getting actual cash:
Swagbucks: 902
NetPanel: 82
ipsos i-say: 100
OpinionWorld: 50
Global Test Market: 30
Toluna: 500





Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home