Thursday, August 4, 2011

Week 1 - The Hunt Begins

I've started my journey. It's simple on paper. I want to earn $3000 CDN a month, working from home. I have no idea how I'm going to do it, but I want to keep track of this journey in hopes that it'll help other stay-at-home moms be able to do something similar.

I've gone on many internet searches, and at the moment, I've earned $0, apart from the current gig I have of freelance writing, which pays roughly $250 CDN a month. Enough to put some food on the table for maybe half a month if I'm careful!

So, what I've found so far that seems viable:
- Becoming an expert on justanswers.com: You sign up, take some tests, they approve you. Then, you can apply to answer people's questions for various amounts of money. The money will then be transferred to your Paypal account. I'm still waiting on the approval for me being an "expert."
- Writing for about.com: It sounded easy enough, and the articles I've read on there previously have always seemed a bit lame. BUT, it turns out that they have some pretty stringent requirements. I haven't had time to apply yet, but I'm hoping to get the job.
- Answering surveys: I've signed up for a number of these that supposedly pay money. I'll write a list of them later if and when they look like they might be money-makers.
- Focus Groups: Many of these jobs require me to actually leave the house, but since it's only for two hours at the most, it's doable.
- Swagbucks: I've heard good things about this, but I'm wary of anything that takes my name and knows what sites I'm searching and what goods I'm buying. I'm holding off on earning Swagbucks to trade for Paypal cash right now.
- Tutor.com: Applied, but they don't have a need for tutors with my background right now. Too bad :(.

Week 1: Total Weekly earnings: ~$85

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home